March 9-10, 2021 • 11:00am - 4:30pm EST
The meeting place of great minds, electric ideas and untethered energy.
Register your whole bank and save! Member banks can save up to $612 per connection* and non-member banks up to $795 per connection*.
Hear from seven exciting keynote speakers, get updates from ICBA Leadership including President and CEO Rebeca Romero Rainey, ICBA Chairman Noah Wilcox, Chairman-Elect Robert Fisher and take part in events specifically designed for your whole team.
I attend ICBA LIVE each year and consistently wish I could share it with more of my bank team. ICBA Connect gives me the perfect opportunity to do so in a digital channel.” —Kathy Underwood, President/CEO, Ledyard National Bank
ICBA Connect is a first-of-its-kind two-day virtual experience bringing together great minds from across the nation to celebrate and focus on community banks.
This LIVE immersive experience is designed for your entire banking team! Consider this the fuel your team needs for the upcoming year, and ICBA Connect will be packed with energy, inspiration and a few surprises.
ICBA Connect is designed with your entire banking team in mind, and for all levels of community bankers in their career trajectory.
We invite you to consider the whole bank registration, which allows for up to 30 staff members to be part of the event – and post-ICBA Connect events that are being planned. This is a time for your team to come together, be inspired and invigorated for the year to come!
- Bank Registration (Up to 30 connections) Member: $2,495
- Bank Registration (Up to 30 connections) Non-Member: $2,995
Non-members of ICBA are not eligible to participate in the ICBPAC Auction.
- Individual Member: $695 (One connection)
- Individual Non-Member: $895 (One connection)
Non-members of ICBA are not eligible to participate in the ICBPAC Auction.
- Up to 30 connections for the event – so your team members from all levels can have access to the amazing content
- Access to post-ICBA Connect events that are planned for these same individuals
- Additional Notes:
- Connections must be used and accessed only by bank employees of the paying institution.
- The paying bank may elect to designate a connection to individual employees who may participate using their computer or other electronic device.
- Bank Registrations may also use a connection to stream ICBA Connect content into a common bank space – provided the common space is located at the paying bank or any of its branches.
Yes, your bank is eligible to take $100 off one bank wide or individual ICBA Connect registration.
Yes, we will record the event and available on-demand for ICBA Connect participants until at least March 23. While the content is available post-event, we highly recommend participating LIVE for the best overall experience!
Yes, tickets to the ICBPAC Auction will be included in your ICBA Connect registration fee. Non-members of ICBA are not eligible to participate in the ICBPAC Auction.
Contact Martina Dashner at [email protected] with any questions or to find out how you can help with the 2021 ICBPAC Auction.
System requirements to create the best experience for you and your team.
- 1024x768 screen resolution minimum
- 1.4 Mbps internet connection minimum
- Allow Flash; Disable Pop Up Blockers; Disconnect from a VPN (if possible)
- Laptop, desktop computer (Mac or PC) or tablets (Android or iOS) are supported.
- Internet Browser – We highly recommend Chrome or Firefox as the most stable and consistent browsers for accessing the virtual environment. This is a virtual, browser based experience. If you are using an older, or unsupported operating system, Internet browser or version of Flash, you may experience decreased performance.
Yes, participants can experience the full show from a tablet or smart-phone/device.
No problem! You will be able to come back to the virtual environment and watch the videos and audio presentations after the event. However, ICBA Connect will be an immersive LIVE experience and we recommend attending live, and you’ll also be able to interact with your peers and event supporters. We intend to keep the content accessible until March 22, 2021.
ICBA Connect Registration
ICBA Connect is open to all employees and staff of ICBA-eligible member and non-member community banks. Event registration is open to community banking association staff, consultants, attorneys, banking agency staff, and industry business partners supporting the event.
Please secure your registration early as space may be limited. To ensure registration confirmation and access to the virtual event, you must register on or before March 1, 2021. Any registrations received between March 3-10, 2021 may be refused or risk delay of access to the virtual event.
Registration may be purchased for an individual user (non-transferrable during the event) or community banks may elect to purchase a “Bank” registration which includes up to 30 connections (also non-transferrable during the event). Each connection must be registered with ICBA in advance providing ICBA with a full registrant name, bank name, phone number, and email address for each connection.
Each connection registered must have the same email domain as the registered institution. Instructions to register participants in advance of the event will be emailed to the individual purchasing the registration (individual or bank). The following outlines the methods registrants may participate in ICBA Connect:
Individual Registrations (Member or Non-Member): If an individual bank employee registers for ICBA Connect paying the individual registration rate, such employee must participate in the event using his or her computer or other electronic device. An individual registration grants one event connection to the paying individual. The registration login and access information may not be shared with other bank employees if an individual registration is purchased unless such registration is officially transferred prior to the event with ICBA.
Bank Registrations (Member or Non-Member): If a bank purchases a “Bank Package,” the institution is granted up to 30 connections for the event. These connections must be used and accessed only by employees of the paying institution. The paying bank may elect to designate a connection to individual employees who may participate using their computer or other electronic device. Bank registrations may also use a connection to stream ICBA Connect content into a common bank space provided the common space is located at the paying bank or any of its branches. This means that if a bank can safely* stream ICBA Connect content into a bank conference room or bank lunchroom, it may do so provided the connection is registered in advance to staff of such paying institution. ICBA Connect content may be shared with employees of the paying institution only. If your bank requires more than 30 connections, please reach out to ICBA for special pricing
*ICBA recommends banks comply with safe and applicable social distancing requirements and accepts no liability for COVID-19 risk exposure.
ICBA Connect Refund and Cancellation Policy
Cancellations must be received in writing on or before February 12, 2021 for a full refund, less a $50 processing fee. A 50% refund will be granted if written cancellation notice is received on or before February 26, 2021.
No refunds will be given after February 26, 2021. No refunds will be granted for requests postmarked after February 26, 2021. Please provide a brief explanation for cancellation and submit via email to [email protected].
Refunds will not be available to registrants who do not give advance notice of cancellation and who do not show up at the event (virtual or face-to-face). In the event a person must cancel, a substitute registration from your bank will be accepted in which case the previously paid registration fees will be transferred to this substitute registration. Attendance at all ICBA programs will be considered on a first-come, first-served basis.
If the program is canceled, ICBA’s liability is limited to the registration fee. ICBA reserves the right to process refunds after the event concludes. All request for exceptions to this refund/cancellation policy must be submitted to ICBA in writing by the registrant with appropriate documentation no later than March 31, 2021.
ICBA Code of Conduct and Complaint Policy
Registration, attendance, or participation at this event constitutes an agreement to adhere to the ICBA code of conduct and complaint policy. ICBA Connect aims to be welcoming, safe, and inclusive to all participants, with the most varied and diverse backgrounds possible.
As such, The Independent Community Bankers of America (“ICBA” or the “Association”) has adopted a zero-tolerance policy toward all forms of unlawful discrimination and harassment. This zero-tolerance policy means that the Association will not tolerate any conduct by or towards any meeting participant and ICBA staff during the conference (virtual or face-to-face) that singles out an individual or group of individuals for different treatment than others based on a protected characteristic, that is intended to or has the effect of unreasonably interfering with another’s participation in or that creates an intimidating, hostile, or offensive virtual conference.
Accordingly, the Association absolutely prohibits harassment or discrimination, in any form, based on sex, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic. All participants, including, but not limited to, attendees, speakers, exhibitors, vendors, contractors, ICBA staff members, service providers, and all others are expected to abide by this ICBA Code of Conduct.
This Policy applies to all ICBA meeting-related and hosted events, including those sponsored by organizations other than ICBA but held in conjunction with ICBA events, on public or private platforms.
To ensure everyone has a best-in-class experience, we ask each attendee to adhere to certain principles:
- Be respectful of your fellow attendee in thought, word, and deed.
- Be open-minded and ready to learn. Embrace learning at all times.
- Be inclusive in your speech, writing, and actions. Celebrate and appreciate our differences.
- Be present. ICBA Connect is a time for renewal and learning; be fully engaged during sessions.
- Respect confidentiality requests by speakers and other attendees.
- We invite you to attend in a spirit of curiosity, friendliness, open-mindedness, camaraderie, and respect. We will not tolerate harassment in any form.
If you experience harassment or hear of any incidents of unacceptable behavior, ICBA asks that you immediately inform Lindsay LaNore, Chief Learning & Experience Officer, at [email protected] or 320-352-7321, so that we can take appropriate action.
Unacceptable behaviors include, but are not limited to:
- Harassment, intimidation, or discrimination in any form.
- Verbal abuse of any attendee, speaker, exhibitor, ICBA staff member, service provider, or other meeting guest.
Examples of verbal abuse include, but are not limited to, verbal comments related to gender, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, race, religion, national origin, inappropriate use of nudity and/or sexual images in public spaces or in presentations, or threatening or stalking any attendee, speaker, exhibitor, ICBA staff member, service provider, or other meeting guest.
- Disruption of presentations during sessions or at other events organized by ICBA throughout the conference. All participants must comply with the instructions of the moderator and any ICBA conference staff.
- Presentations, postings, and messages should not contain promotional materials, special offers, job offers, product announcements, or solicitation for services. ICBA reserves the right to remove such messages and potentially ban sources of those solicitations.
- Participants may not use or copy any content or information shared via the event for business purposes in any manner. This includes, but is not limited to, the copying or taking of screen shots of Q&A, chat room activity, or other materials shared during the event.
ICBA reserves the right to take any action deemed necessary and appropriate, including immediate removal from the meeting without warning or refund, in response to any incident of unacceptable behavior, and ICBA reserves the right to prohibit attendance at any future meeting, virtually or in person.
All complaints will be treated seriously and responded to promptly. All reports are kept confidential to the fullest extent possible. Retaliation for reporting unacceptable behavior is a violation of the Code of Conduct. Falsely reporting unacceptable behavior is a violation of the Code of Conduct.
If possible, provide the following information:
- Identifying information (name/company, email address, appearance) of the participant who violated the Code of Conduct
- The behavior that was in violation
- The location and approximate time of the behavior
- The circumstances surrounding the incident
- Other people involved in or witnessing the incident
ICBA staff will respond to the incident swiftly. If conduct poses an immediate threat to anyone, emergency services will be contacted.
If you feel you have been falsely or unfairly accused of violating this Code of Conduct you should notify Lindsay LaNore, Chief Learning & Experience Officer, at [email protected] or 320-352-7321 with a concise description of your grievance. Your grievance will be handled in accordance with our existing policies.